Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
School volunteers are essential to the SRFACS community. Families are encouraged to volunteer at least 20 hours each school year, and there are many ways to get involved. First you need to get approved, then get connected to a volunteer opportunity that best suits your availability and talents!
Get approved to volunteer!
Santa Rosa City Schools volunteer requirements protect the safety of our students. SRCS uses Be A Mentor Volunteer Management System to make the process easy to complete and track.
Go to: Be A Mentor
Input your email to fill out an initial application which will gather information for a background check and create your account.
After creating your account, log in and follow the instructions to submit required documentation.
- Fingerprinting (paid for by the district)
- TB Screening Assessment
- Mandated Reporter Training (renewed once a year in July)
Once you have completed all items, the school office will be notified, and you are ready to volunteer!
Get connected with volunteer opportunities!
To let us know who you are and find out about volunteer opportunities, follow the link below and create an account in Help Counter.
Go to: HelpCounter Login
- Click ‘Create New User Name’
- Add School
- If email is not found, fill out “New Volunteer Application for SRFACS” (this is only a short form to set up your account, it is not an additional approval process)
- You will receive an email confirming your account. (Usually, within 1 day)
Once you have a HelpCounter account, you can log in to:
- Find and sign up for upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Check in at the school office and get a badge
- Record your volunteer hours
- Update your profile and interest form
Volunteer opportunity requests will be emailed to anyone who expresses interest in a related activity in HelpCounter. Additionally flyers for volunteer opportunities will be posted in La Plume, and the SRFACS App.
If you have any questions regarding volunteer opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org